Cool and creamy and loaded with berries, which are packed full of antioxidants. Super quick to make and deliciously easy to drink!
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries/blueberries
- 1 banana
- ½ cup acidophilus yoghurt
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until well mixed.
Pour into a large glass and serve.
For a dairy free option replace the yogurt with ½ cup raw cashew nuts.
- Place any bananas that are going to go brown before you get a chance to eat them into the freezer to use in future for this recipe. Simply peel, break into bite sized chunks and place into a labeled plastic bag before placing into the freezer.
- Be sure to include lots of blueberries in this recipe, as they are the power fruit in terms of antioxidants, vitamin K, manganese, vitamin C, fibre & copper.
- Adding 1 cup of finely chopped spinach or kale will boost your iron, fibre, folate, calcium, copper, manganese and vitamins A, C, K and B6 intake.