Dutch baby pancake
Transform your classic pancake breakfast with this delicious Dutch baby pancake. With a texture similar to a Yorkshire pudding, this recipe is the perfect new addition to feed the crowd. We have suggested a savoury salmon option, but there are limitless toppings to choose from.
- 3 Pams eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Small handful of fresh herbs (optional)
- Pams Sliced Smoked Salmon
- Crème fraîche
- Pickled red onion
- Preheat your oven to 200°c fan bake. Place a medium baking dish into the oven to preheat while making the pancake batter.
- Using a blender or electric beater, blend the eggs for 30 seconds until frothy. Next, with the motor still running, stream in the milk followed by 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the flours, seasoning and herbs (for savoury only), then mix until just smooth.
- Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven, and brush with the remaining butter. Quickly pour the pancake batter into the dish, and return to the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and puffed. Serve warm with your choice of sweet or savoury toppings.
For a sweet alternative, remove the herbs from the ingredients and top with fresh berries, yoghurt or cream and honey.