Fruit and coconut milk chia seed pudding
Morning is the best time of day. If you don’t agree, you may change your mind when you try the gluten-free, grain-free, and impossibly delicious breakfast recipe below Chia seeds are pretty great. They deliver protein, omega-three fatty acids, and fiber—and they taste heavenly when paired with fruit and coconut milk, as in this super-simple parfait.
- 3 tablespoons white or black chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 sprinkle ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 3/4 cup low-sugar colorful fruit, such as raspberries, blueberries, kiwifruit
- In a cereal bowl, stir together chia seeds, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey.
- Let sit for 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight and chia seeds will expand, soften, and absorb liquid.
- Layer chia tapioca in a tall glass with fruit.