Oaty peach breakfast bars
No time for breakfast before the work or school day begins? These delicious dairy-free oaty peach breakfast bars are great for those mornings where the time runs away, and pair perfectly with a morning coffee.
- Dairy free
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup honey, warmed
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 2 cups diced peaches
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- ¼ cup coconut or brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius fan bake. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, oats, chia seeds and 1tsp of salt until well combined.
- Add the warm honey and melted coconut oil to the dry ingredients, and stir well until a soft dough forms. Reserve ⅓ of the oat mixture, then press the remaining two thirds into the base of a lined slice tin.
- In a clean bowl, mix together the diced peaches, coconut sugar, cornflour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Once combined, scatter evenly over the oat base.
- Using your hands, squeeze and crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top of the peaches. Place the bars into the oven and bake for 34-40 minutes, or until the peaches are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Leave the slice to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the tin, then leave to cool completely before slicing. Cut into bars, then enjoy or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.