Baked honey mustard chicken drumsticks and smashed potatoes
It doesn’t get much better than succulent honey mustard chicken drumsticks, except, when you match them with crispy smashed potatoes. In summer, serve this dish with your favourite leafy green salad or in winter, steamed seasonal greens.
- 1kg medium-sized potatoes, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup wholegrain or standard mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1kg chicken drumsticks
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan bake.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, mustard and garlic in a large bowl with a glug of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken drumsticks and toss to coat. Evenly space the drumsticks on a lined baking tray and place in the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once tender, remove the potatoes from the oven and use a potato masher or fork to squash the potatoes until they are about 2cm thick. Drizzle generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven to bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, while the chicken is hot and the potatoes are crispy.
- Take your smashed potatoes up a notch by sprinkling with fresh rosemary leaves after drizzling with oil.