Peanut Chicken Curry
"This recipe was handed over to me from a dear friend. The whole family love it as it a mild satay chicken curry. It is super quick and easy. It is really a Kiwiana Curry..."
View the method
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Greggs curry powder
- 1 x 410gm can tomatoes
- 420ml can coconut milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp mango chutney
- 2 cups of diced, cooked chicken
Back to ingredients
- Heat oil and cook chicken, set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp more oil if needed, gently fry onions until soft.
- Add curry and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, sugar, peanut butter and chutney and stir until melted together and sauce comes to boil.
- Turn down, add chicken , cover and simmer for 5-10mins.
- Serve hot on rice.