- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 large orange kumara, peeled and chopped into 2.5cm chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2.5cm chunks
- 1 x 400-gram can coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 400 grams chicken breast, skin off
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Large handful green beans, topped, tailed and chopped into 3cm pieces
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- Basil and coriander leaves for garnish (optional)
- Heat a splash of oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the curry paste for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add the kumara and potato and turn the vegetables to coat with the curry paste.
- Pour in the coconut milk and chicken stock, bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into 1.5cm-wide strips and add to the pan with the fish sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice and beans. Simmer for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the peas to the pan and cook a further minute. Taste and adjust seasoning. Garnish with basil and/or coriander leaves, if liked. Serve with steamed Jasmine rice.