Sesame chicken salad
Tegel makes chicken salads easy with their tasty Meal Maker range.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola or rice bran oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 large handfuls mesclun salad mix
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 Pack Tegel Meal Maker Roast Chicken, Sliced, Diced or Shredded
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Large handful crisp fried noodles (optional)
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and chilli in a small bowl.
- Combine salad leaves, carrot, cucumber, spring onion, chicken, basil and coriander in a large bowl or platter.
- Sprinkle over sesame seeds and noodles, toss to mix.
- Drizzle with dressing, toss again and serve immediately.
Wine suggestion: Chardonnay