Chicken mince is a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional mince and just as versatile. Try this family favourite made even tastier with Tegel Chicken Mince.
- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 400g can Mexican tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 Jumbo taco shells
- 1 ½ cups grated cheese
- Iceberg lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Mexican salsa for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken mince and cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until the mince is golden brown. Mash with a fork while browning to break up the mince.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook over medium heat for a further 2 to 3 minutes. Add the Mexican tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Meanwhile, place the taco shells onto a baking tray. Heat in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until they are warm. Serve the taco shells with the chicken mince mixture, cheese, shredded lettuce and tomatoes. Top with salsa if desired