Creamy smoked chicken filo pie
A mouth-watering, winter warming family favourite dinner. Flaky filo pastry filled with creamy smoked chicken, fresh herbs and mushrooms. A great family dinner on a cold night.
- 2 medium red onion
- 250g button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram or oregano
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes sliced (optional)
- 300g pack Tegel Meal Maker Sliced Smoked Chicken
- 250g crème fraiche
- 12 filo pastry sheets
- 3-4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons sesame Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 190°C
2. Cook the onions in a dash of oil in a pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until softened.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in the herbs and sundried tomatoes if using and cool.
5. Tear the Tegel Meal Maker Sliced Smoked Chicken 300g into bite-sized pieces and toss into the mushroom mixture with the crème fraiche and season.
6. Brush 8 sheets of filo pastry with butter or spray with oil and place into a 24cm flan tin.
7. Fill with the chicken and mushroom mixture, and then flip the overhanging filo pastry edges into the center.
8. Brush the remaining sheets of filo with butter and place on top of the pie.
9. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake at 190°C for 40 minutes.
10. Serve with a crisp green salad on the side.