Garlic and honey butter roast chicken
You’ll be amazed at how easy this roast chicken and veggies comes together all in one non-stick roaster. Garlic and honey butter rubbed roast chicken served with paprika carrots, parsnips and onions. It’s one that everyone, including our tamariki, can enjoy.
- 40g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 parsnip, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan bake. In a small bowl combine butter, garlic and honey, salt and pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, then place on a rack on top of a non-stick roaster. Rub the garlic and honey butter all over the chicken. Tie the legs with cooking string if desired. Pour one and a half cups of water into the roaster and roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine onions, carrots, parsnip, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Once the chicken has roasted for 30 minutes, scatter the vegetables into the roaster. Return to the oven to cook for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the juices run clear. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve the chicken with the roast vegetables.
Top tip: Serve this roast dinner with roasted brussel sprouts and gravy for a marvellous meal.