Jamaican jerk chicken
"This fiery Chicken dish will get the taste buds going."
View the method
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tsp whole allspice berries
- 1 Small onions
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, lightly chopped
- 2 - 3 chiles
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cloves garlic
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 500g Long Grain Rice
- 1 tin Coconut Cream
- 1 litre water or chicken stock
Back to ingredients
- Roast of spices and blitz together in a mortar and pestle or blender.
- Rub liberally on Chicken.
- Fry in a pan then wrap in foil and put in oven at 180c for 15 mins.
- In separate pot heat oil to smoke point.
- add rice and stir (Should lightly burn or blacken a bit).
- Add coconut cream and water and leave to cook.