Rosemary and lemon chicken tenderloins
A simply scrumptious way to cook chicken.
View the method
- 500g Tegel Lean and Lite Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, diagonally sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed or 150g green beans, blanched
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup orzo
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
Back to ingredients
- Cut 4 deep slits in each Tegel Lean and Lite Chicken Tenderloins. Place into a shallow dish. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, shallot, rosemary and lemon zest. Pour over the chicken and toss to coat. Season with black pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until it is brown and cooked through.
- Roast Vegetable and Orzo Salad:
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Combine the red onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, courgettes and asparagus, if using, in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, rosemary and garlic and mix well to combine.
- Toss to coat evenly then place into a large shallow oven dish. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are golden and tender. Remove from the oven, stir in the balsamic vinegar then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo following the packet directions. Drain, rinse under cold water and cool.
- Combine the roast vegetables, orzo, blanched green beans (if using) and herbs. Toss well.
- Serve warm with the Rosemary and Lemon Chicken Tenderloins.
Wine suggestion: Pinot Gris