Moroccan chicken patties
A twist on traditional meatballs with Moroccan inspired flavours and made with healthy and versatile Tegel Chicken Mince. These are simple to make and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 500g Tegel fresh chicken mince
- 1/2 cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 1 large red chilli, chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, egg, coriander, chilli, garlic, lemon zest, paprika, cumin and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well. Using wet hands form the mixture into small patties.
- Heat a dash of oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning frequently, until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with couscous and a fresh green salad or a dipping sauce for an easy entertaining snack
Hint: Form the mixture into tiny patties and cook following instructions above. Serve as nibbles with sweet chilli and coriander dipping sauce