Mediterranean risotto with chicken and rocket
The full flavours of the Med in this risotto are great with chicken, fish, or calamari – for a vegetarian option, top with cherry tomatoes and lots of Parmesan cheese!
- 4 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 280g Pams Finest Mediterranean Risotto
- ¼ cup dry white wine (optional)
- 3 – 3 ½ cups Pams Chicken or Vegetable Stock, heated
- 3/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 3 Pams Free Range Chicken Boneless Skinless Thighs
- Large handful Pams Baby Rocket
- Leaves Basil leaves to garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the risotto and stir to coat the grains. Add the wine (if using) and allow to bubble and reduce. Pour in 1 cup of hot stock and stir while the rice absorbs the stock.
- Gradually add more stock, stirring regularly until the rice is tender – about 20 minutes. While the risotto is cooking, heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add the remaining olive oil and cook the chicken until golden and cooked through.
- Stir half of the Parmesan cheese through the risotto and serve in 3 bowls with rocket leaves alongside and a chicken thigh on each. Sprinkle with sea salt and garnish with basil leaves and extra Parmesan.