- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cooled melted butter
- 4 1/2 Tbsp. cocoa, dutch process is best
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 150 C.
- Butter a springform cake tin.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar till smooth.
- Fold in the sifted flour gently.
- Stir cocoa and melted butter till combined.
- Fold into the flour /egg mix till smooth.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cake should be crisp on the outside, with a sticky center.
- Remove from oven, when cool, dust with icing sugar.
- For morning tea, eat dusted with icing sugar.
- For desert, refridgerate for 1 hour, center will set to a mousse like consistency.
- Serve with a citrus sorbet to balance the rich chocolate flavour, or a dollop of Greek yoghurt.