Kladdkaka (swedish chocolate sticky cake)
"A traditional Fika (morning tea) treat, taught to me by my sons Swedish FarMor (Grandmother) it takes just 35 mins to prepare. Don't ice it, just dust with cocoa or icing sugar, and a spoonful of Greek yoghurt, hot or cold."
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cooled melted butter
- 4 1/2 Tbsp. cocoa, dutch process is best
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 150 C.
- Butter a springform cake tin.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar till smooth.
- Fold in the sifted flour gently.
- Stir cocoa and melted butter till combined.
- Fold into the flour /egg mix till smooth.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cake should be crisp on the outside, with a sticky center.
- Remove from oven, when cool, dust with icing sugar.
- For morning tea, eat dusted with icing sugar.
- For desert, refridgerate for 1 hour, center will set to a mousse like consistency.
- Serve with a citrus sorbet to balance the rich chocolate flavour, or a dollop of Greek yoghurt.