Blackberry joy ambrosia
This sensational smash of blackberry syrup and cream works perfectly with either fresh or frozen blackberries. Serve it in glasses to show off the contrasting colours.
- 500g fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 200ml Anchor Cream
- 200g cup De Winkel All Natural Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
- 1 cup white mini marshmallows
1. In a small saucepan add ¾ cup of blackberries, the sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, then reduce and simmer for about 10 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Leave to cool completely.
2. To toast the coconut, heat a frying on a low-medium heat and add the coconut, stirring frequently until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool.
3. In a large bowl beat the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold through the yoghurt, 2/3rds of the coconut, 1 cup of blackberries (leaving enough to top each glass) and the marshmallows. (Note: If you’re using frozen blackberries defrost to room temperature on a paper towel to absorb any juice before adding).
4. To serve, spoon a tablespoon of the syrup and berries into the base of 4 medium serving glasses. Add a couple of heaped tablespoons of the creamed mix, followed by another drizzle of the syrup and berries. Add another layer of the creamed mix and top with some of the syrup, the remaining berries and coconut.
TIP: Make the syrup the day before, so it’s just a quick assembly job when your guests arrive. Leftover syrup is perfect for drizzling over ice cream.