A wholesome recipe using fresh apples, spices and tasty dairy products that everyone will enjoy.
- 4 cooked apples
- 50g butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Freshly grated rind of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 100g butter, softened
- 100g Cream cheese
- 2 cups flour
- Melted butter and a pastry brush
- Combine butter, cream cheese and flour to make pastry.
- Roll out into an oblong shape.
- Place on a greased oven tray. Brush with melted butter.
- Heat oven to 150?c. Combine the apples, butter, bread crumbs, brown sugar, lemon and cinnamon to make the filling.
- Spread over one half of the buttered pastry.
- Carefully fold the other half over the top and crimp the edges together.
- Use the remaining melted butter to glaze the top.
- Bake at 150C for 10 minutes.
Serve hot with vanilla icecream.
Add dried fruit such as apricots and sultanas to the filling.