Bread and butter pudding
A really simple bread and butter pudding recipe, ideal for those winter nights.
- 1 cup Milk
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp rum essence, optional
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 5 croissants
- Break up 4 - 5 croissants into large chunks
- Place in a 25cm baking dish
- Mix the milk, eggs, sugar and essence and pour the mixture over the croissants
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of sultanas on top of the mixture
- Bake at 180 - 200° C for approximately 25-30 minutes until the mixture sets.
- Serve with cream or custard.