Cheats berry crème brûlée
Everyone loves a classic Creme Brulee, but this foolproof version takes half the time to execute! With pops of raspberry and vanilla hidden beneath a crisp caramelised shell, this dessert is a beautiful end to any meal. For a delicious beer pairing, enjoy this dessert with your favourite porter or stout.
- 200g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g store bought custard
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- Shortbread to serve, if desired
- 8 Wired iStout
- Kereru Night Spirit Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout
- Renaissance Elemental Porter
- Sprig & Fern Scotch Ale
- Sunshine Brewing Stout
- Using a whisk or electric beater, beat the mascarpone and vanilla until smooth. Add ½ of the custard and fold through with a spatula until incorporated, then fold through the remaining custard.
- Place the raspberries into the base of 4-6 ramekins, then spoon the custard mixture over the top. Tap lightly on your bench to flatten the custard surface, then place into the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Once chilled, remove from the fridge and sprinkle the caster sugar in a thin, even layer over the creme brulees. Using a blowtorch, gently torch the sugar until golden and caramelised.
- Serve immediately once torched, or keep covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours.