Chocolate cookie and berry ice cream cake
The sun’s shining and the temperature’s rising, so cool down with this delicious ice cream cake. Bursting with the flavours of classic summer berries, and a delightful cookie crunch, we guarantee you won’t be able to stop at one slice.
- 2L vanilla bean ice cream
- 200g Pams Finest Hazelnut Crème Filled Cookies, roughly chopped
- 125g fresh raspberries, plus extra to garnish
- 125g fresh blueberries, plus extra to garnish
- 250g strawberries, sliced, plus extra to garnish
- Lightly grease a 20cm springform cake tin. Line the base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm above the top of the tin.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften slightly. Spoon ? of the ice cream into a large mixing bowl. Fold in half of the chopped biscuits and the raspberries. Spoon into the tin and smooth the top.
- Spoon another ? of ice cream to the bowl. Fold in the remaining biscuits and the blueberries. Spoon into the tin and smooth the top.
- Spoon the remaining ice cream into the bowl. Stir in the chopped strawberries. Spoon into the tin and smooth the top. Cover the tin with foil then freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- To unmould, remove the ice cream cake from the freezer and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then release the springform mechanism and remove the baking paper from the sides. Invert onto a serving platter and remove the baking paper from the top. Top with the reserved berries and cut into wedges to serve.