Christmas jewel ice cream
If the Christmas bells are ringing and the food panic is on, go easy on yourself and serve up this jewel-like ice cream for a fine finish to your festive meal.
- Ice cream
- 1 L quality vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup green glace cherries, halved
- 1/2 cup red glace cherries, halved
- 150 g nougat, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp almond liqueur, optional
- Take the ice cream from the freezer and allow to stand on the bench for 10 minutes to soften a little.
- Transfer three quarters of the ice cream into a bowl.
- Into the ice cream, left in the ice cream container, scatter over a third of the glace cherries and nougat and drizzle one third of the liqueur over.
- Repeat the layers pressing down firmly to get everything into the container and finish with a layer of ice cream. (The ice cream will lose volume as you replace it into the container).
- Return to the freezer overnight before serving.