Lemon meringue tarts
"Yummy lemon pies that are great as finger food or as a dessert pie. My family loves it."
- 1 Tin sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 432g Tin crushed pineapple
- Juice and rind of 2 lemons
- Sweet short crust pastry
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Pinch salt
- Mix together condensed milk, 4 egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon rind, and drained pineapple.
- Blind bake sweet pastry in pie tin or tart tins 180 for 10 mins or until light brown. Spoon in lemon mixture and bake 10 mins 180 or until firm to touch.
- Whisk egg whites stiff.
- Add in caster sugar slowly.
- Plce on top of pie or tarts.
- Bake oven at 180C until golden brown.