- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 x 250g punnet strawberries
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- Using a food processor, blitz the biscuits until they resemble crumbs. Alternatively, place the biscuits in a resealable bag, or clean tea towel, and crush with a rolling pin.
- Place the butter and biscuits in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Scrape the mixture into a standard size tart tin and press into an even layer along the bottom and sides. Place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Dice half the strawberries and fold through. Spread filling in cooled crust. Chill for at least 2 hours, or until slightly firm.
- Slice the remaining strawberries, arrange over the creamy filling and drizzle with runny honey. Slice, and serve immediately.
Dial up the freshness by sprinkling over a handful of fresh mint or thyme.
An easy alternative to fresh strawberries is slightly defrosted frozen strawberries!