Party-size ambrosia meringues
Don’t fight over ambrosia and pavlova this Christmas when you can have them both! These are oh-so-easy but look so impressive on the table. And, if you’re short on time you can use store-bought meringues.
- 45g sliced almonds
- 200ml Anchor Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 Tbsp caster sugar
- 50g 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1½ punnets fresh blueberries
- 8 large meringue nests
- Icing sugar, to serve
1. Toast the almonds in a medium-large fry pan on a low-medium heat, stirring frequently until golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl beat the cream, vanilla and sugar until soft peaks form. Gently fold through the chocolate and half a punnet of blueberries.
3. When ready to serve, spoon the creamed mixture into the meringue nests. (Don’t do this ahead of time or the nests will get soggy).
4. Top with the remaining blueberries, sliced almonds, and a sprinkle of icing sugar.
TIP: You can switch out the blueberries for fruit that matches your colour theme – try fresh raspberries, blackberries, kiwifruit, or ripe summer stonefruit.