Raw berry cheesecake
Have your cake and eat it too with this show stopping raw berry cheesecake! This vegan delight is bright in colour and flavour, flecked with fresh local berries for the dreamiest of dairy free desserts.
- 4 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- ½ cup almonds or hazelnuts
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 8-10 medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp Pams coconut oil, melted
- 500ml coconut milk
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup Pams finest pure Canadian maple syrup
- 200g + 100g fresh or frozen mixed berries
- Fresh berries and mint leaves, to garnish
- Start by preparing the cheesecake base. Drain the soaked cashews, and place half in a food processor. Add the almonds, coconut, medjool dates and 1 Tbsp coconut oil, then pulse until the mixture reaches a fine, sandy consistency.
- Press the cheesecake base mixture evenly into the base of a round, springform cake tin. Cover, and place into the freezer to set while preparing the filling.
- In a clean food processor, combine the remaining soaked cashews, coconut oil, coconut milk, lemon zest and juice and maple syrup. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Remove one third of the cheesecake mixture and set aside. To the remaining mixture, add 200g berries and blend until smooth. Pour the berry cheesecake filling over the chilled base, then return to the freezer and leave to set for an hour.
- Once the berry layer has set, carefully pour the remaining cheesecake mixture over the top. Dice or roughly chop the remaining berries and scatter over the cheesecake, then return to the freezer and leave to set for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Before serving, allow the cheesecake to soften for 30 minutes. Garnish as desired with fresh berries and mint leaves, then serve and enjoy.