- 1 cup arborio or white rice, rinsed
- 3 Tbsp + 1Tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 Litre milk of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g butter, cubed
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with butter. Add the rice, vanilla, 3 Tbsp brown sugar and milk and stir to combine.
- Scatter the cubed butter over the mixture and cover with the lid. Cook on high for 2½ to 3 hours, or until the rice is tender and has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Place the frozen berries and remaining 1 Tbsp of brown sugar in a saucepan and set over medium heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until a saucy consistency is achieved. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve the berries over the top of the warm rice pudding.
Finish this comforting dessert with toasted nuts or coconut shavings for a crunchy topping.