- 175g butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa, sifted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp orange essence or pure oil (from delis)
- 250g plain biscuits, roughly crushed
- 1 cup dried papaya, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried pineapple, roughly chopped
- In a saucepan stir together the butter, sugar, coconut and cocoa over a low heat until the butter has melted. Bring to the boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. (Do not worry if the mixture has separated.)
- Whisk in the beaten eggs and orange essence or oil and then stir into the crushed biscuits and dried fruit.
- Transfer into a paper-lined 20cmx30cm slice tin and refrigerate until set. Ice with chocolate icing. If wished, or simply dust with icing sugar.