- 200g digestive biscuits
- 80g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 250g assorted Easter eggs (such as mini eggs), half roughly chopped
- 500ml cream
- Blitz biscuits in a food processor into a fine crumb. Add in the butter and pulse until just combined. Press into the base of a greased and lined springform cake tin and set aside in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar together until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the cream and gently fold a third into the cream cheese mixture, until just combined.
- Fold in the rest of the cream along with the chopped Easter eggs and mix until just combined.
- Pour over the biscuit base, use a spoon or spatula to smooth over the top and chill for at least 6-8 hours or overnight. Remove the cheesecake from the tin and garnish with extra Easter eggs.
- For a sweet and salty twist on a classic base, add ½ cup pretzels and an extra 25g of butter into the food processor along with the biscuits!
- You can crush the biscuits in a resealable bag with a rolling pin, instead of a food processor, for a little extra fun with the kids.
- For a kid-friendly twist, divide this cheesecake mixture into plastic cups for individual portions that chill faster and get into little hands sooner.