Hot cross bun tiramisu
Treat your family and friends this Easter with our truly decadent and delicious hot cross bun tiramisu! Inspired by the Italian classic with a peanut butter twist, this recipe is a true make-and-forget dish, perfect for entertaining. Featuring our New World exclusive Gooey Peanut Butter Choc Cross Buns!
- 250ml cream
- 3 Tbsp caster sugar
- ¼ cup Pic’s Smooth Peanut Butter
- 200g mascarpone, room temperature
- 6 Gooey Peanut Butter Choc Cross Buns
- ¾ cup espresso or instant brewed coffee
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream and caster sugar until the cream reaches soft peaks. Add the peanut butter and mascarpone, and fold into the cream until combined.
- Slice the hot cross buns in thirds horizontally. Place the bottom pieces into six jars or glasses, then spoon a third of the coffee over the top. Spoon half of the cream mixture evenly amongst the six glasses.
- Next, place the middle hot cross bun on top of the cream, spoon some coffee over the top, and layer the remaining cream.
- Spoon coffee onto the underside of the hot cross bun lids, then place on top of the tiramisu.
- Cover the tiramisus with cling film and refrigerate for an hour, then serve chilled.
Finish this luxurious dessert with shaved or grated dark chocolate or cocoa powder for the perfect sweet-toothed touch.
For a sweet kid-friendly option, replace the coffee with hot chocolate powder mixed with water!