These delicious coconut cupcakes are gluten and dairy free!
- Lunch box
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (optional)
Heat oven to 180.
1. Whisk together melted coconut or other oil, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and water
2. Mix together coconut flour, and baking powder
3. Add flour mix to egg mix and stir well to combine.
4. Grease or line 6 tins with cupcake cases.
5. Fill each liner 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until cooked. Then make your topping!
7. Simmer 1/2 cup dates in water to cover until very soft.
8. Drain well and mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
9. Add 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
10. When the cupcakes are cool, spread date mix onto cupcakes and top with coconut threads or chips.