Corn Fritters with Salsa
Are corn fritters a favourite of yours? Here’s an easy recipe for making your own at home!
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tin corn kernels (drained)
- 1 or 2 spring onions chopped
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander or parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
1. To make the fritter batter, whisk together 1 egg, ½ cup milk
2. In another bowl mix ½ cup of flour and the ½ tsp baking powder
3. Then combine wet and dry ingredients
4. Drain the corn kernels and then add to the bowl along with some herbs finely chopped, 1 or 2 spring onions chopped, and salt and pepper.
5. Fry large spoonfuls in 2 tbs oil till browned on each side.
6. Mix together all the salsa ingredients and serve with the corn fritters.