- ½ cup of flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tin corn kernels (drained)
- 1 or 2 spring onions chopped
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander or parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- To make the fritter batter, whisk together 1 egg, ½ cup milk
- In another bowl mix ½ cup of flour and the ½ tsp baking powder
- Then combine wet and dry ingredients
- Drain the corn kernels and then add to the bowl along with some herbs finely chopped, 1 or 2 spring onions chopped, and salt and pepper.
- Fry large spoonfuls in 2 tbs oil till browned on each side.
- Mix together all the salsa ingredients and serve with the corn fritters.