Leigh skin on snapper fillets with greens and hummus
This very simple dish can be on the table in no time. Use store bought hummus, add toasted seeds or nuts for extra texture and experiment with any seasonal vegetables you have on hand to make this an all year round dish.
- 4 fillets of Leigh skin-on snapper
- Olive oil and butter, for cooking
- 2 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups frozen broad beans, blanched and peeled
- 1 cup frozen peas, blanched
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 200g purchased hummus
- Micro herbs
- Season the Leigh fish with salt and pepper. Heat a little of oil in a large sauté pan then add a knob of butter. Place the Leigh fish skin-side down, then place another sauté pan or saucepan on top to keep the fish flat. Cook for 3–4 minutes until the skin is golden and crisp. Turn over and cook for another 1–2 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish fillets.
- For the salad, toss everything together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Spread a layer of hummus on each plate then top with the fish and salad. Scatter over the micro herbs and drizzle with a little olive oil.