- 450g firm white fish fillets
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- Rice bran oil, for pan frying
- 400g frozen peas
- 30g butter
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves, finely shredded
- Aioli and fries to serve, if desired
- Lay the fish fillets on a board, and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into bite-sized pieces of your choice. Crumb by coating in seasoned flour, beaten egg then panko crumbs, then set aside.
- Bring a frying pan to a medium to high heat with a generous drizzle of rice bran oil. Once hot, pan fry the fish pieces for 2-4 minutes on each side depending on thickness, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- While the fish is cooking, bring a pot of water to the boil, then cook the peas for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain, then lightly mash with the butter.
- Stir the lemon zest, lemon juice and mint leaves into the smashed peas, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the smashed peas with the crispy panko crumbed fish bites, along with freshly cooked fries and aioli if desired. Enjoy immediately.