Pan fried salmon steak
Salmon and Chardonnay are a great match. This recipe is very simple and can be dressed up for a dinner to impress or dressed down for a relaxed lunch with close friends.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper
- salad or seasonal veg, to serve with
- Preheat a thick-bottomed frying pan to medium heat.
- Brush the skin side of 4 salmon steaks with olive oil and cook skin side down until the skin is crisp, usually about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle top side with black pepper, a small pinch of salt and a good squeeze of lemon juice and turn salmon and cook until nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Serve with a green salad or seasonal vegetables and a glass of cooled chardonnay.