Vietnamese inspired prawn summer rolls
Incredibly fresh and fragrant these Vietnamese inspired prawn rolls are perfect for those warm Summer nights. Healthy and utterly delicious, the family will love these and better yet, they’re perfect for lunchboxes and work the next day.
- Lunch box
- 150g Pams cooked and peeled prawns, defrosted
- 125g dried vermicelli noodles
- 5-6 large lettuce leaves
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 10-12 dried rice paper sheets
- ¼ cup each coriander and mint leaves
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp Pams Finest soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice or white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Toasted sesame seeds and herbs, to garnish
- To prepare the prawns, use a sharp knife to carefully slice the prawns in half horizontally. Once all prawns have been halved, set aside.
- Place the vermicelli in a heatproof bowl, then cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 5 minutes. Once soft, drain through a sieve and run under cold water to cool.
- Lay half a lettuce leaf down on a board. Top with some of the noodles, bean sprouts and julienned carrot, then roll tightly to create a log shape. Repeat with the remaining lettuce, noodles and carrots then set aside.
- To prepare the rice paper rolls, soak one rice paper sheet at a time as per pack instruction. Lay down on a flat surface, then place one lettuce roll in the centre. Above the roll, arrange prawns, herbs, sliced herbs and chilli to the same length as the lettuce roll.
- Tightly roll the rice paper rolls away from you, folding the edges in as you roll. Place onto a plate lined with a damp paper towel, then repeat with the remaining rolls and rice paper. Once complete, set aside in the fridge.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, sweet chilli and garlic until well combined. Garnish the summer rolls with sesame seeds and fresh herbs, then serve alongside the dipping sauce and enjoy.