- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Small handful of Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 4 Tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup drained chickpea liquid
1. Place all the ingredients, except the olive oil and chickpea liquid, into a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Add the oil and chickpea liquid and process for 2 minutes until nice and smooth.
3. Season to taste.
4. Add more oil or drained chickpea liquid until you achieve your desired consistency.
5. To serve: Place the hummus on a large plate and use a spoon to make some swirls through it. Drizzle over some olive oil and jazz it up with some lemon zest, finely chopped parsley or a dusting of paprika. You could also add a sprinkling of dukkah over the top.