Prawn pad Thai
Pad Thai is an awesome dish that’s quick to make, packed with fresh flavours, and a real crowd pleaser.
- 250g Pad Thai noodles
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g uncooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, chopped (reserve green part for garnish, below)
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
Pad Thai sauce:
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce, or more, to taste
- Chopped spring onion (green part only)
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- 2 limes
1. Cook noodles according to packet instructions, until just tender. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
2. Sauce: Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. To cook: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan or wok on a medium-high heat.
4. Add the prawns and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until the prawns turn pink.
5. Push everything to the side of the pan. Add the beaten egg, breaking it into small pieces with a spatula as it cooks.
6. Add the cooked noodles, Pad Thai sauce, bean sprouts, spring onions and peanuts to the pan (reserving some peanuts for topping at the end). Toss everything to combine.