- Olive oil1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 300g paella rice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 ltr chicken stock
- 500g frozen seafood mix
- 12 mussels, de-bearded and cleaned
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the large sauté pan or paella pan on a medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add the paprika and paella rice, stir for a minute, then add the white wine and cook until it has been absorbed by the rice
.4. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock. Season and cook, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, stirring now and again until the rice is almost tender and still surrounded by some liquid.
5. Add the frozen seafood mix to the pan, poke the mussels into the rice, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked through, the mussels have opened and the rice is tender.
6. To serve: Squeeze over the juice from ½ lemon, scatter with a handful of flat-leaf parsley and serve with wedges from the remaining ½ lemon