Venison steaks with chilli plum sauce
Scrumptious venison steaks accompanied by a chilli plum sauce and served on seasonal potatoes and a green salad.
View the method
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Venison steaks
- 2 Tbsp Pams oil
- 1 tsp grated green ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Pams chilli sauce
- 100ml Kikkoman light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sherry (optional)
- 100ml Pams plum sauce
Back to ingredients
- Bring a frying pan to a high heat. Drizzle venison steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for three minutes each side until medium-rare. Remove from the heat, cover with tin foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- While the meat is resting, combine the green ginger, crushed garlic, hoisin sauce, chilli sauce, light soy sauce, sesame oil, sherry (optional), and plum sauce, together and simmer in the meat pan until it thickens. Drizzle over the meat.
- Serve with seasonal potatoes and a fresh green salad.
Wine suggestion: Pinot Noir