Reon Hobson Chimichurri Coastal Spring Lamb Rack
View the method
- 2 Coastal Lamb Racks (denuded)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 40ml olive oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 40ml red wine vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 150ml canola oil
Back to ingredients
- Blitz all ingredients in a food processor (except the lamb racks).
- Cover the lamb racks with some of the chimichurri, for a kitchen presentation don’t smear the bones.
- For cooking, cover the bones with tinfoil and sear both sides of the rack in a hot pan with a little canola oil. Then place in an oven at 200˚C for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave the racks to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with extra chimichurri, roast potatoes and a garden salad.