Pepperoni pizza inspired quiche
Quiche is a great lunch or dinner solution for any day of the week, and this pizza inspired quiche is no different! With some hidden vegetables, and a cheesy, pepperoni pizza top, you won’t be able to resist a slice (or three).
- 2 sheets pre-made savoury pastry, defrosted
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 100g sliced pepperoni
- ½ cup + ⅓ cup grated mozzarella
- 4 whole eggs
- ⅓ cup milk or cream
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- ½ cup Pams Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. Press the pastry into greased tart tin, then prick with a fork and place into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes. Once chilled, line with baking paper and fill with baking beans, then blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and paper, then bake for a further 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the diced onion, oregano, carrot and courgette. Dice ¾ of the pepperoni slices, then add to the vegetables along with ½ cup mozzarella and toss to combine.
- Scatter the vegetable and pepperoni mixture into the cooled pastry case. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and flour with salt and pepper until smooth. Pour into the tart case, then place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the center has just set.
- Five minutes before the quiche has finished cooking, spread the pasta sauce over the surface of the quiche. Top with the remaining grated cheese, followed by pepperoni sli ces, then return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Leave the quiche to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the tart tin, then slice and serve warm or leave to cool completely. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.