Olive, tomato and salami tart
A showcase of Mediterranean flavours with simplicity and style.
- Savoury pastry sheets
- 75g salami and 150g pitted black olives
- 75g feta
- olive tapenade or sundried tomato paste
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup cream
- 1 x egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees, with rack in centre of the oven.
- Grease a shallow pie dish and line with Pams pastry sheets.
- Trim away any excess around the edges.
- Blind bake according to instructions on the pastry pack (this will pre-cook the pastry shell).
- Evenly spread a layer of tapenade over the base of the pastry.
- Mix the cream and egg yolk in a bowl and pour into the pastry on top of the tapenade.
- Arrange pieces of sliced salami, crumbled feta and halved cherry toms on top of the cream and egg mixture. Add olives.
- Place back into the hot oven for 30 minutes or until set and the pastry is cooked.
Pastry sheets are normally 24 cm, so where possible use a pie dish smaller than this size. Lightly brush some milk over the visible pastry edges before baking to achieve a rich golden colour straight from the oven.