Creamy bacon and mushroom pasta
"A dear friend of mine lived in Italy for a year. This was the first meal she cooked for us upon her return. My daughter and I thought that it was soooo divine that we got the recipe and made it the following evening. Ever since it's been a favourite."
- 250g streaky bacon
- 12 button mushrooms very finely sliced
- 300mls cream
- Bunch of spring onions
- Olive oil
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- 60mls white wine
- Packet of fresh fettuccine pasta
- Basil leaves
- Cut streaky bacon, cook and set aside.
- Cook mushrooms and finely sliced spring onions in olive oil.
- Add bacon, wine and cream.
- Cook until sauce thickens.
- Add ground pepper and grated Parmesan.
- Cook fettuccine in salted water, until al dente and drain.
- Plate pasta and serve sauce on top.
- Serve with finely sliced Parmesan, ground pepper and basil leaves.