- 1 bag baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic
- 250g tub of ricotta
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 bunch long stemmed broccoli or asparagus, trimmed
- Add half the spinach and 2 cloves of crushed garlic to a dry fry pan over medium low heat. Sauté gently until the spinach has started to wilt and the garlic is fragrant. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool before finely chopping.
- In a large mixing bowl add the ricotta, flour, eggs, parmesan and sautéed chopped spinach. Season generously with salt and pepper and fold together until everything is well combined.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into gnocchi pieces and place on a lightly floured tray until ready to cook. The mixture will be sticky so you may need to dust your hands with flour!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Working in batches to avoid sticking, gently add the gnocchi and simmer for 3 minutes until they have floated to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add a glug of olive oil to a large fry pan over high heat. Add the asparagus or long stemmed broccoli and the remaining garlic, seasoning with salt & pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until just tender. Add the remaining spinach and toss through until just wilted.
- Combine the greens and the gnocchi, finishing with a grating of parmesan cheese.
Top tip: add the zest of 1 lemon to your gnocchi dough mixture and squeeze over the juice before serving for added zing.