Apricot and orange glazed ham
This will be your new easy go-to Christmas ham recipe. Full of festive flavours, this spiced apricot glazed ham will steal the show!
- 4 - 4.5 Kg half ham on the bone
- 2 Tbsp Gregg's Whole Cloves
- 1 cup Wattie's Bit on the Side Spiced Apricot Sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Zest of 1 small orange
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Carefully run your fingers under the skin of the cooked ham on the bone to lift it away.* Place the ham on a wire rack in a foil lined baking tray.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut the ham fat layer into a criss-cross diamond pattern. Decorate the ham with Gregg's Whole Cloves.
- Mix together Wattie's Bit on the Side Spiced Apricot Sauce, orange juice, zest and wholegrain mustard. Brush the glaze generously over the ham. Pour 2 cups of water into the dish around the ham.
To glaze and serve cold: Preheat the oven to 180°C (conventional bake) and bake for 35–40 minutes, brushing the ham with glaze every 10 minutes.
To glaze and serve hot: Preheat the oven to 160°C (conventional bake) and bake, allowing 20 minutes per kilogram, brushing the ham with glaze every 10 minutes.
*When removing the skin make sure you do not remove the layer of fat underneath to ensure the ham stays moist during baking.
Any cloves that fall off during glaze can be placed back into the ham after glazing.
This ham is great any time of the year when feeding a crowd. Serve in rolls (gluten free, optional) or with a selection of the salads on this site.