Chinese roast pork
This has a great marinade that suits all cut of pork, including stir fries. When used with pork fillets there are no tricky bones for children to cut round and they’ll love the exotic flavour.
View the method
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon red wine
- 2 teaspoons red food colouring (optional)
- 1 kg lean pork fillets
Back to ingredients
- Combine all ingredients, add fillets, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Drain fillets but keep marinade for basting.
- Bake pork for 30 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve with rice - also great for use in stir fry.
- Can reduce the recipe for smaller quantities of meat.