- 500g rump steak
- 1kg new season baby potatoes
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 1 bag of rocket
- Handful of shaved parmesan
- Optional: 1 bag of pine nuts
- Remove fat and gristle from the rump steak. Place the steak between two pieces of baking paper and bash with a rolling pin until it’s about 1cm thick – this will tenderize the steak. Season the meat well and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes for 10 - 12 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and toss in half the pesto. Put aside with lid still on.
- Grill the steak for 1 minute each side over a direct high heat on the BBQ. Put aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Spread the remaining pesto onto a large sharing platter followed by layers of rocket and potatoes.
- Thinly slice the steak at an angle, place onto platter topped with shaved parmesan.
Top tip: sprinkle a handful of toasted pine nuts on top of your salad for extra crunch.