Roasted pumpkin and lentil salad with yoghurt and feta dressing
This fresh salad is perfect for anytime of the year, beautifully served “deconstructed” style on a board or a platter with dressing on the side to accommodate those who may be dairy free.
- 400 g prepared pumpkin*, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp Gregg's Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Gregg's Ground Coriander
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup (125g) Greek Style Nanatural unsweetened Yoghurt
- 50 g feta, crumbled
- Handful mint leaves, chopped
- Juice ½ lemon
- ½ x 120g bag baby spinach leaves
- 400g can Wattie's Lentils in Springwater, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 190°C (fan assisted). Place the prepared pumpkin and red onion in a bowl. Toss through Gregg’s Ground Cumin, Gregg’s Ground Coriander and olive oil. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until pumpkin is tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the yoghurt dressing by mixing together the yoghurt, crumbled feta, mint and lemon juice.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a large bowl or platter. Carefully toss through Wattie’s Lentils and baby spinach leaves. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
*550g pumpkin will give approximately 400g prepared pumpkin.