Prawn, chorizo and mussel paella
This Pams paella recipe is a simple take on the Spanish rice dish, with the smokey flavours of chorizo, paprika and saffron.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g paella rice
- 2 large pinches saffron
- 2L chicken stock, warmed
- 1 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup shelled edamame (or broad beans)
- 12 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 250g Pams Finest Jumbo Raw Prawn cutlets
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander leaves and lemon wedges to serve
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Add chorizo to pan and stir to release oils and brown. Add onion and garlic to pan and continue to stir until onion softens. Add rice and saffron to pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring to prevent the rice sticking.
Slowly add the stock a little at a time, stirring often. Add cherry tomatoes, paprika and edamame. Stir to combine.
Add mussels and prawns. Lower heat, cover with a lid or tin foil and leave to cook for about 5 minutes until mussels have opened and prawns are cooked through. Season to taste.
Serve immediately, garnished with coriander and lemon wedges.